Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal
By using our website, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
Subject to the following, the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal will not share your personal information with other companies unless you consent to our sharing of such information for specific purposes.
We will collect, use and/or disclose your personal information only with your consent. We will ask you for your express consent before sending you offers and/or information from us and/or from an event provider. When you provide us with your personal information and effect a transaction with us, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information for such identified purposes.
Information we collect about you
Information that we collect from you, either online or through our call center or our box office, can generally be categorized as either anonymous or personally identifiable.
Anonymous information is information that does not identify a specific individual, such as the type of browser being used and what Web pages have been accessed.
Personally identifiable information (“personal information”) is information that you provide to us that is uniquely associated with yourself, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, username and password. When you provide personal information through our website, this information may be sent to servers located in Canada, the United States and other countries around the world. Regardless of where your personal information may be kept, it will be protected by the safeguards described in this Policy.
We may collect and storeany personal information you enter on our website, provided through our call centres or otherwise provided to us for the purposes described in this Policy. If you effect a transaction with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information) may also be collected and stored. You also may provide information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
Use of the information we collect
By using our ticketing services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as follows:
• To deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• To manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
• To display content and advertising tailored to your interests;
• To verify your eligibility for, and deliver prizes in connection with, contests and sweepstakes you have entered;
• To verify your eligibility for rebates or presale offers;
• To enforce our terms and conditions;
• To manage our business, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If you have indicated an interest in receiving information from the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal, either by exercising such choice at the time you purchased products or services or otherwise in connection with the management of your account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal, we may use your information to communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services likely to be of interest to you either from us or, with your consent, from third parties. Regardless of how we use your personal information, it will be protected by the safeguards described in this Policy.
We may use financial information or payment method information to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our website or through our call centres or box office points of sale, to enrol you in discount, rebate and other programs in which you elect to participate, to ensure protection against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as may be reasonably necessary to manage our business in connection with your transaction (for example, to identify you at the box office if you are picking up tickets, to facilitate refunds for cancelled events, for audit purposes, etc.). We apply the security standards set out in the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with third-party service providers (such as third-party recruitment agencies) retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Your choices regarding the collection and use of your information
• You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to, for example, open an account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal; purchase tickets, products or services; take part in a contest, promotion, survey or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
• At any time, you may choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional e-mails from us by clicking the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the newsletters sent by the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal and by following the instructions for managing your e-mail alerts. When you provide your e-mail address on our website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages about promotions or special offers from the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal or from third parties to whom we send your information (such as event providers). You may modify your choices with regard to receiving communications from the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal at any time via your account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal. You will also be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send you, to choose not to receive such messages in the future. It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process such a request. Please note that changing information in your account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal, or the decision to not receive promotional e-mail communications, will affect only future activities or communications from the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal. If we have already provided your information to an event provider or another third party with your consent before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with such third party.
• You will not have the ability of choosing not to receive e-mail communications relating to transactions or the relationship that we have with you, such as event cancellations and other service announcements, administrative notices and surveys relating to ticket purchases (although your participation in a survey is completely voluntary).
Person with whom we share your information
We do not share your personal information with others, except with your consent and in the following situations:
• Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. We require all of our service providers to comply with the safeguards described in this Policy.
• Business partners. With your consent, we may also share your personal information with business partners to offer you products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes through our website or our services, such as discounts and special offers in restaurant and hotels. If you are interested in such offers, the business partners will be identified to you at the time you make a purchase or decide to participate in an offer or program being offered through them. When you elect to participate in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information relevant to the offer or program to that merchant. These businesses may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you want to learn about a particular merchant’s privacy policies, or you do not want to receive communications from a particular merchant, you should contact that merchant directly. Your personal information is provided only to those businesses in whose offers you elect to participate, and not to other businesses advertising on our website.
By using our services and providing us with your personal information, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information in the following circumstances:
• In response to legal obligations, including in response to a subpoena, a court order, or a request from law enforcement or other government agency, to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal action.
• As is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or our employees, including investigations or preventive measures regarding suspected illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing, to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies, and to protect the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal and other visitors to the website or users of services or products provided by the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal.
• In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or sale of assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may use and disclose your personal information only as described in this Policy, unless you have indicated otherwise.
There are a number of places on our website where you may click a link to access other websites that do not operate under this Policy. For example, if you click an advertisement or a search result appearing on our website, you may be directed to a website that we do not control. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the “privacy” link, typically located at the bottom of the Web page you are visiting.
Accessing your information
If you have an account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
If you have an online account with us, you also may choose to close your account at any time by contacting the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal (see details at the end of the document). After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our website or access any of your personal information. However, you may open a new account at any time.
If you close your account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal, we may still retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and record-keeping integrity, as well as to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, enforce our terms and conditions, take actions we deem necessary to protect the integrity of our website or our users, or take other actions permitted by law. In addition, if certain information has already been provided to event providers or to other third parties, the use and retention of such information will be subject to those third parties’ policies. The Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal has implemented a retention policy to prevent personal information from being retained for a period that is longer than reasonably necessary to deliver the products and/or services purchased through the services of the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal.
Protection of your personal information
We take all necessary security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they can do so only to the extent such access is required for permitted business activities. We require that our authorized service providers protect your personal information in a similar fashion. Although we take appropriate security measures as required by law, no security is perfect. Users should always be aware of how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through unsecured e-mail. For information about how to protect your personal information, you may refer to the resources from one of the following websites:
• Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec (http://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/english)
• Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (http://www.priv.gc.ca/)
Protecting children’s privacy
Our website is a general-audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under the age of 13.
Storing your information
This Policy is intended to cover collection of personal information from residents of Canada. Please be aware that your information will be stored in servers located in Canada, the United States (where our central databases are operated) as well as elsewhere in the world. Your information may be processed in any of these places. The data protection laws and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in effect in Canada. Please be assured that we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. By using our services, you acknowledge that your information may be transferred to our facilities and to those third parties with whom we share it or to whom we otherwise disclose it as described in this Policy.
Other information collected using our website
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our website.
• Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
• Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer a “cookie” (a small unique-identifier text file) or series of cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your e-mail address, and the name on your account with the Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal in the cookie file on your computer. You may also record your password in this cookie file, if you have indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user- or member-account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user name or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. Through the use of a cookie, we may also automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the Web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in to our website or use certain of the interactive features offered. The “Help” toolbar icon on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
• Other technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as pixel tags, invisible pixels, web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. A web beacon is a small file placed on a web page that allows a website to perform various tasks, including counting users who have viewed that page, or to access cookies. We may also receive an anonymous identification number if you visit our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors, so as to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, or other activities.
Anonymous and aggregate information
We may combine anonymous and/or aggregate information we collect with additional anonymous information collected from other sources. We may share anonymous information (including aggregate information) we collect regarding our users with third parties (such as advisors, advertisers and investors) for various business purposes including developing and delivering targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties, conducting general business analysis, and developing website content and services.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time, we will update this Policy to reflect changes in our practices and services. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “last updated” date at the end of this Policy. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use and/or share your personal information, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us in your account, profile or registration (unless we do not have such an e-mail address), and/or by prominently posting a notice of the changes on our website. We recommend that you check our website from time to time to inform yourself of any changes made to this Policy or to any of our other policies. Regardless of any change made to this Policy, your personal information will be used and disclosed only in the manner described in this Policy at the time your personal information was collected, unless you indicate otherwise.
Our contact information
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information processing practices, or if you wish to access, update or correct your personal information, please contact us by e-mail or postal mail as follows:
La Société de la Place des Arts de Montréal
260, boul. De Maisonneuve Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H2X 1Y9
T: 514 285-4200
F: 514 285-1968
Last updated: September 2012